Monday 9 July 2012

Something else

So the last week has been a little slow weather wise. A little sun and heat, but a fair amount of cloud and rain. However, the plants are doing well, in fact they are really bushing out (I had to tie a few plants back) and a good show of flowers is evident throughout the greenhouse. Fingers crossed that they set and a flush of pods start to appear.

On an aside I sowed a few seeds yesterday. One of my 'experiments' - last year I tried to grow bamboo from seed and failed dismally (nothing germinated at all), so this year I'm trying with acers. Seeds for 6 different varieties have been in the fridge for the passed few months and now they've been sown. 2 seeds per pot (mostly), 8 pots per variety and under the lights to see what will happen. I don't expect much and anything that does emerge is likely to take some time, but why not? I've got the equipment, maintenance is minor and you never know.



Now all I need to know is what will I do if I suddenly have the best part of 100 acers on my hands? A nice problem to have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment