Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 season starts

23-12-12 and the seeds for the season are put into soak for 24 hours. This year I've picked a few varieties from semillas.de along with some other bits and pieces.

Nothing really remarkable, but a good mix never-the-less.

I've over-wintered four plants, but I suspect two haven't survived. The mini rocotto and CGN 21500 are the survivors, the Naga Morich and Marouga Yellow appear to be the casualties.


Varieties for this year:
  • Prairie Fire
  • Pimenta De Neyde
  • Criolla Sella
  • Inca Red Drop
  • 7 Pot Primo
  • Santa Rosa Blanco
  • Ecuadorian Brown
  • Serrano (from Wahaca restaurant, Kensington)
  • Cap 253-C
  • Bunte Mischung*
  • Fatalii
  • Bido Tacana
  • Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
  • Black Naga
  • Trinidad Perfume
  • 7 Pot Barrackpore

* Bunte Mischung - this is a freebie mystery mix from semillas.de - I prefer this name to mystery plants, so am using with name for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Otis, interesting chilies varieties you had from previous years. Do you normally start to propagate so early in UK??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justecila.

    I normally start this early to give the Chinense varieties the best chance of ripening. (That said the poor weather last year even made that a bit of a challenge).

    Some folks I know start later and have good results, but given that I've got all the kit (lights, heating etc) for an early start, it seems daft not to. Plus, if I have any failures, I always have the option to sow again and still have a decent chance of a season.

    ReplyDelete